The conference will also be available on the go via our app! Programme details, practical information, maps and more will be available within the next days.
Conference Opening & Performances
Throughout the ETC International Theatre Conference, help and assistance will be available at the ETC information desk in the Hotel Foyer or at the Residenzschloss.
How to Get to Dresden
From Dresden Airport you can take the S-Bahn (urban train) S2 for €2,40 and get off:
- at Dresden Neustadt (ca. 12 minutes, to go to the Kleines Haus)
- at Dresden Mitte (ca. 16 minutes, close to Hotel, Schauspielhaus and Residenzschloss).
Tickets are available at automats in the airport train station. Taxis are available in front of the terminal; the journey should cost you about €20 and last about 20-30 minutes depending on traffic.
There are direct trains to Dresden main train station (“Hauptbahnhof”) leaving from Leipzig/Halle airport every two hours: 9:07; 11:07; 13:07; 15:07; 17:07; 19:07; 21:07. The journey lasts about 1h30 and costs between €20 – 33 depending on when you book it.
If there are no direct trains when you arrive, you can travel via Leipzig main train station (Leipzig Hbf) with the S-Bahn (lines S5 or S5X) and change into a regional train. The overall journey lasts about 2h00 and costs between €20 – 30.
Berlin Schönefeld Airport
There are direct buses of the company “Flixbus” between Berlin Schönefeld airport and Dresden Hauptbahnhof or Dresden Neustadt. The journey lasts about 2 hours and costs around €10. Tickets can be bought here: Flixbus.
Berlin Tegel Airport
You can take the bus TXL (€2,80) to Berlin Hauptbahnhof (main train station), where you can take the train to Dresden. There are direct trains every two hours (6:59; 8:59… until 20:59), the journey lasts two hours and costs between €20-45, depending on when you book your ticket. There are multiple other connections during the day, with at least one change, the journey lasts at least 3 hours.
The Airport Express bus operates daily at regular 30-minute intervals. It takes you to Prague main train station (Praha hlavní nádraží) in about 30 minutes for CZK 60 (about €2,50). There you can catch a train to Dresden every two hours (6:32; 8:32; … until 18:32). The journey lasts about 2:15 and should cost between €20-40 depending on when you book your ticket.
There are train connections to Dresden from all over Germany and the neighbouring countries. When arriving, get off:
- either at Dresden Hauptbahnhof (Main train station) to get to the hotel, the conference venue in the Residenzschloss or the Schauspielhaus;
- or at Dresden Neustadt to get to the Kleines Haus (opening and performances).
All the venues are accessible by foot (10-15 minutes’ walk) or by tramway from the train stations.
There is an underground car park under the hotel (€14 for 24 hours, no reservation possible). Type in “Schweriner Straße 1” in your GPS to find the entrance to the car park.
Between the Conference Venues
The Kleines Haus is about 30 minutes away from the hotel (see itinerary here: Hotel / Kleines Haus) and 25 minutes from the Residenzschloss (see itinerary here: Residenzschloss / Kleines Haus) by foot.
The Schauspielhaus is across the street from the hotel and the Residenzschloss is 5 minutes away by foot (see itinerary here: Hotel / Residenzschloss).
You can walk from the main train station (“Hauptbahnhof”), the Schauspielhaus and the Residenzschloss (between 15-20 minutes) and from the train station Neustadt to the Kleines Haus (about 10 minutes).
From the train stations:
- From Dresden Hauptbahnhof to the hotel/the Schauspielhaus/the Residenzschloss: the line 11 takes you from Hauptbahnhof Nord to Postplatz (in front of the hotel and the Schauspielhaus, a few minutes’ walk from the Residenzschloss)
- From Dresden Neustadt to the Kleines Haus: the lines 3, 6 and 11 take you from Neustadt to Albertplatz in 2 minutes. From there, you walk about 5 minutes to the Kleines Haus.
Between the Venues:
- The lines 6 and 11 go from Postplatz (in front of the hotel and the Schauspielhaus, a few minutes’ walk from the Residenzschloss) to Albertplatz in about 11 minutes.
- The lines 3, 7 and 8 go from Synagogue (about 10 minutes’ walk from the Residenzschloss) to Albertplatz in about 5 minutes.
You can stop official taxis on the streets (beige cars). It should cost you about €10-12 and take you about 10 minutes to get from the hotel or the Residenzschloss to the Kleines Haus. However, there are construction works in the city centre that might slow you down.
Please note that it is generally better to have cash with you as lots of places in Germany do not accept payment by credit cards.
Project & Network Manager: Hélène Gauthier
Tel.: +49 30 284 41 460