Apply for funding for collaboration projects between 3 ETC Member Theatres.
The ETC Development Grants are a new scheme to support innovative international co-creations of new dramatic narratives.
ETC offers 3 development grants per season to ETC Member theatres working artistically with at least two partner theatres. This means 3 ETC theatres can collectively apply for up to 5000 EUR funding for any new artistic collaboration they make together.
The ETC Development grants shall co-create new narratives and help commission new international theatre works ranging from themes of:
- Tackling social and environmental sustainability (the UN's 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)),
- Pioneering new cooperation concepts
- Exploring the fields of digital dramaturgy and digital technologies.
A project can address one or several of these themes. With these starting grants, ETC wants to encourage innovation, exploration, and trial-and-error, also allowing for inconclusive experiments and unfinished products to fuel artistic creativity.
The 3 ETC theatres applying for an ETC Development Grant of up to 5000 EUR can individually decide how to share and use the financial support. Eligible costs are travel costs supporting the international collaboration, artist fees, production, software- or hardware costs, etc. pp.
- Artistic quality
- Description of project and scope
- Relevance to one of the TRANSFORMATIONS programme principles (sustainability, gender equality and inclusion and/or digital technology practices)
- Level of innovation and international collaboration
ETC Member Theatres are entitled to this grant.
The deadline for new applications is 15 November 2022.
For more information, contact Teresa Pfaud: firstname.lastname@example.org