Who we are:
Founded in 1988 by three theatres in France, Germany and Belgium, the European Theatre Convention (ETC) has become Europe’s largest network for public theatres with 54 members from 30 countries. As recognized strategic partner of the European Commission, ETC provides an international programme for European theatres, that consists of artistic international collaboration, professional training and advocacy activities. We promote European theatre as a vital platform for dialogue, democracy and interaction that responds to, reflects and engages with today’s diverse audiences and changing societies. With our work we pioneer European theatre that is sustainable, diverse and digital, increasing access to theatres in a post-covid world.
Creative engagement with our community and artistic development are as important to us as our internationally work we share, co-create, produce and present on our member theatres’ stages, and the people, who are at the heart of everything we do. And whilst we are incredibly serious about what we do, we provide a relatively informal, warm and friendly environment.
As part of a dynamic and small team, the Digital Communication Officer is key to further develop and implement ETC’s communication strategy and it’s specific projects communication campaigns with the goal to promote and increase visibility of the organisation’s activities internationally, in particular ETC’s current large scale European projects on sustainability and digitization. The Digital Communication Officer is responsible for the various elements of the job description listed below. The duties outlined are not exhaustive and we might need you to undertake other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the organisation.
Who are we looking for:
- We’re seeking people who share our values and embrace our ambitions with the goal to create relevant theatre for today
- We want people who are energised to engage and develop our vision
- We need creative thinkers with the know-how to design and deliver multi-channel, stand out, on-brand communication and marketing campaigns
- You will be highly driven to produce dynamic communication and marketing content, plan and organize complex projects, monitor and adjust advertising and organic campaigns, and evaluate the effectiveness of everything we do.
- Setting up, contributing to and optimizing digital communication and social media campaigns, in order to deliver the ETC communication strategy, as directed by the Communication Manager and Executive Director, working closely with ETC’s team and external partners and providers
- Playing an active part in the design and delivery of communication campaigns related to ETC’s specific artistic, professional and advocacy activities and projects
- Implementing large scale changes and ongoing maintenance and updates to our website(s) and ensuring user experience is optimized, working with our external web agency; regular content update on website Maintenance and updating ETC’s CRM system
- Coordinating and creating social media products, incl. video, with a focus on developing engaging and visually attractive content, maintaining and coordinating content across our social media channels, employing a harmonized editorial calendar
- Dissemination of press material and project publications - campaigns (print/online)
- Support with graphic and editorial tasks for all ETC publications, social media, newsletters, annual reports, press releases, presentations
- Support in grant requests and project reporting for ETC’s funders and stakeholders (EU Commission, ministries, foundations etc.)
- Liaise with ETC’s member and project theatres’ communication departments, external services and suppliers (graphic designer, IT, printing companies etc.), partners and stakeholders
- Strong, versatile copywriting skills, aesthetic sensibility
- Good organisational, planning, and coordination skills
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritise as needed
- Desire to take full ownership of assigned projects and can work independently
- Is self-motivated and detail-minded
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build collaborative relationships at all levels
- Good verbal presentation, group dynamic, and facilitation skills
Proactive approach in resolving problems and issues
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or equivalent; Equivalent skills can also be recognised through proof of corresponding knowledge and experience
- Minimum three years of communication management in a European cultural environment, preferably within theatre and the performing arts
- Demonstrated experience with all types of social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.),
- Experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, graphic tools and design software (Adobe Package - Illustrator/Photoshop/ InDesign), web content management systems experience with SEO optimisation, regular use of Mailchimp
- Fluent command of written and spoken English with a good writing style, German and / or French would be a plus, additional European languages are an asset
- To be part of a small, inspiring and international team
- A full-time unlimited employment contract, flexible working hours, 40h per week
- A work space with an office at the heart of Berlin, in one of Germany’s major theatres, with home office regulation (2-3 days per week)
- A social package consisting of 30 days of paid annual leave, 50% of your monthly public transport card of Berlin, a retirement scheme
- Travels and meetings may take place during evenings and weekends (considering current travel restrictions)
- The position is to be filled by 1 October 2022
If you think this sounds like your perfect job – we want to hear from you! Please send your application (motivation letter, CV, 2 work examples and references) and state your salary expectations by email with « Digital Communication Officer » as subject to the attention of Ms Heidi Wiley to: email@example.com
Deadline to apply: 11 September
Interviews will take place either in person in Berlin or via conference call on 20 September. We are not able to reimburse you for travel costs to the interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ETC is committed towards equality and greater diversity. We offer equal opportunities to all applicants, including people with disabilities, no matter their gender, sexual orientation, ethnic, social, religious or philosophical backgrounds. We guarantee to interview any candidate with a disability who has the skills, experience and values for the role they’re applying for.
ETC Vacancy - Digital Communication Officer
Download the PDF version of the job offerDownload