ETC activities make news across Europe and beyond.
Over the past year, 137 stories were published about ETC projects, statements and collaborations in more than 30 countries.
These included prime-time interview slots on German national radio; TV in Cyprus; national newspapers in Belgium and Italy; cover stories in Serbia; leading arts-specific publications in Denmark, the Netherlands and the UK; and coverage as far abroad as the US and South Korea.
See a selection of publications that have featured ETC work below:
- European theatres warn generation of talent could be lost by Covid (The Stage, UK)
- Conclusion - Kultur vom Tage (FAZIT / Deutschlandfunk Kultur, Germany)
- Violence against women in the entertainment industry: the kings of silence (Le Vif, Belgium)
- Theatre Is Fundamental For Our Society (CorD, Serbia)
- The Spanish motto 'Culture is safe' is exported to Europe (ABC, Spain)
- The Renaissance Project: a manifesto of European theaters (Yabl, Ukraine)
- Scenes: women still and always relegated to the background, (Le Soir, Belgium)
- New study of gender equality in European theater : There are six men for every four women (ISCENE, Denmark)
- Triple-F for Most Female (Nachtkritik, Germany)
- Heidi Wiley, Managing Director of the European Theater Convention on diversity and equality in the theater (Szenik, France)
- European Theaters Warn of a Lost Generation of Theatre Makers (Theater Krant, The Netherlands)
- What to do when you’re sick of Zoom (ArtsProfessional, UK)
- Stabile di Torino, il teatro dei giovani: come seguire un'opera ai tempi della pandemia (La Repubblica, Italy)
ETC Press Contact
Please direct press inquires to:
Christy Romer, Communication Manager
Phone: +49 17 235 720 92
Recent ETC Press Releases
Theatres Must Be Caring to Help Society Heal, European Directors ToldThe artistic, philosophical and environmental need for care in theatre was discussed at the ETC International Theatre Conference, which took place from 3 – 6 November 2022 in partnership with Teatro Nacional D. Maria II (Lisbon/Portugal).
Diverse Theatres and Artists from Ukraine Take Centre Stage at ETC International Theatre Conference in PragueAlmost 120 senior theatre professionals from around Europe will gather at the conference, held in partnership with Národní divadlo – National Theatre Prague.19-22 May 2022
European Theatre Community and Young People Set Out Vision for ‘the Future of Europe’The European theatre community have made an unprecedented call for policymakers and politicians across the continent to make sweeping changes in support of a “resilient” theatre sector18 February 2022
ETC Celebrates the Legacy of Visionary European Theatre Director Dubravka VrgočThe largest network of publicly-funded theatres in Europe praises Vrgoč's "courage, energy and tenacity" as she prepares to leave her role at Croatian National Theatre in Zagreb.08 February 2022
WATCH: How Can European Theatre Remain Open, Sustainable and Relevant in a Post-Pandemic Society?Livestreamed panel discussion from 10:00 – 12:00 CET on Saturday 30 October30 October 2021
22 European Theatres Imagine the ‘Renaissance’ of Theatre in a Major New Series of Short Films20 April 2021
‘Six Men for Every Four Women’: Gender Inequalities in Theatre Programming Revealed in New Cross-Europe StudyETC Press Release08 March 2021
Theatre ‘Production Jam’ Risks Creating a Lost Generation of Young Artists, European Directors Warn17 February 2021
Arts and Environment NGOs Should Lobby Together for Green Cultural RecoveryRead the post-conference press release02 December 2020