Please direct press inquires to:
Christy Romer, Communication Manager
Phone: +49 17 235 720 92
- European theatres warn generation of talent could be lost by Covid (The Stage, UK) The European Theatre Convention said a "production jam" is likely to occur on the back of theatres being forced to postpone or cancel entire seasons of performances due to lockdown orders, which could "all but eradicate" the possibilities for young talent to develop, direct and perform new work.
- What to do when you’re sick of Zoom (ArtsProfessional, UK) ETC's Heidi Wiley and Hélène Gauthier share how they created a virtual venue - and why they think this provides a model for the future.
- Stabile di Torino, il teatro dei giovani: come seguire un'opera ai tempi della pandemia (La Repubblica, Italy). "Not for nothing is [the show 10mg] included in the program ofTheater in the Digital Age , a project that offers support for innovative digital theater projects by the ETC- European Theater Convention, the largest network of public theaters in the old continent."
- Dresden Declaration jetzt auch auf Deutsch (Freie Theaterarbeit, Austria). As the first result of this exchange [during the European Theatre Forum], a joint declaration “The Dresden Declaration” was drawn up, which summarizes the most important results and fields of action.
- Digitale Matinee zu DIE GÖTTLICHE KOMÖDIE III: PARADISO (Tanzweb, Germany). "The [Digital Matinee] project is supported by the European Theatre Convention as part of ETC’s ENGAGE programme."
Recent ETC Press Releases
22 European Theatres Imagine the ‘Renaissance’ of Theatre in a Major New Series of Short FilmsTwenty-two ETC theatres, from 18 European countries, have drawn on philosophy, fantasy, and the strain of living under a pandemic to produce an original series of short drama films that will be available to watch at home for free from 9 May 2021.20 April 2021
‘Six Men for Every Four Women’: Gender Inequalities in Theatre Programming Revealed in New Cross-Europe StudyETC Press Release08 March 2021
Theatre ‘Production Jam’ Risks Creating a Lost Generation of Young Artists, European Directors Warn17 February 2021
Arts and Environment NGOs Should Lobby Together for Green Cultural RecoveryRead the post-conference press release02 December 2020
Heidi Wiley is Cover Star of CorD MagazineETC Executive Director Heidi Wiley is the face of the December issue of CorD Magazine, in Serbia.01 December 2020
Announcing the European Theatre Initiative!The European Commission initiative aims to provide more strategic European support to theatres and the performing arts.05 November 2020
ETC Calls On Europe to Make Culture Central to Coronavirus Recovery"At least 2%" of the recovery budget must be allocated to culture30 October 2020
New Publication: Youth Theatre – A Casebook is ReleasedBest-practice examples to make theatre with and for young people14 October 2020
Press ReleaseEuropean Theatre Forum 2020: European Performing Arts in Focus: The Programme Is Now Online