ETC is a partner of the EU-funded, international playwrighting project Fabulamundi - New Voices.
NEW VOICES aims to develop a new methodology to sustain and train a new generation of playwrights, putting dramaturgy into the spotlight, removing the barriers to the profession and integrating digital tools and results in the creation process.
ETC joins a list of influential theatre and NGO partners, including ETC Member Theatre La Mousson d’été.
The full list of partners:
- Teatro-i Milan
- Intercultural Theater Center Berlin eV
- OPEN THEATER-National Center for Contemporary Dramaturgies
- The summer monsoon
- Sala Beckett / International Dramaturgy Workshop
- Odeon Theatre
- Târgu Mures University of Arts
- Viennese word places
- Culture Action Europe – Acting for Culture in Europe
- The theater is FLYING
- Heartefact Fund
- European Theatre Convention
- Art in Translation
When youngsters go to the theatre it is usually to see «old» plays that do not concern them, whose subjects are far from their most urgent preoccupation. Fabulamundi Playwriting Europe has been working with European artists, professionals, and institutions along 10 years, supporting the careers of the playwrights invited to step into the network and promoting a diverse, equal, gender balanced, sustainable ecosystem for creativity.
Fabulamundi - New Voices is the new edition of a successful history of cultural promotion in the name of European values and heritage, which aims to bring contemporary playwriting closer to the younger generations. Its objectives are:
- To approach youngsters through creative writing: a huge program of 60 laboratories will be implemented to reach more than 400 youngsters.
- To train professional playwrights on themes especially sensitive to young generations such as gender balance, sustainability and digitisation: a training programme with several conferences and round tables with experts, plus a cycle of 30 seminars on the internationalisation of playwrights.
- To create an international community of playwrights: a complete set of online actions, plus a system of mobilities and exchange for youngsters and professionals are set up.
Fabulamundi is co-funded by the European Union.
19 – 23 February 2024
Peer-to-Peer Meeting with a focus on Digital Theatre in Paris, France
17 – 19 October 2023
Peer-to-Peer Meeting with a focus on Sustainability and Green Theatre in Venice, Italy
29 May - 1 June 2023
In-person kick-off with partners and the 'Fab Community' in Rome, Italy
3 - 4 April 2023
Online kick-off meeting with partners
Call for Experts
Are you interested in the opportunity to share your expertise in storytelling and narrative design for digital theatre formats?
ETC is looking for two experts from our Member Theatres to join the Fabulamundi - New Voices peer-to-peer meeting in Paris, between 19 - 23 February 2024, to organise and present a workshop, and exchange with the Fab Community playwrights hailing from all across Europe.
Contact Teresa Pfaud, Project Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for Participation: FAB Community in Seasons 2023/2024 and 2024/2025
Get involved in the capacity-building programme with FAB Community in Seasons 2023/2024 and 2024/2025