Fabulamundi - New Voices
Get involved in the capacity-building programme with FAB Community in Seasons 2023/2024 and 2024/2025!
Express your interest by 16 June 2023
When youngsters go to the theatre it is all too often to see «old» plays that do not concern them, whose subjects are far from their most urgent preoccupation.
Fabulamundi Playwriting Europe has been working with European artists, professionals, and institutions for 10 years, supporting the careers of the playwrights invited to step into the network and promoting a diverse, equal, gender-balanced, sustainable ecosystem for creativity.
Fabulamundi - New Voices is the new edition of a successful history of cultural promotion in the name of European values and heritage, which aims to bring contemporary playwriting closer to the younger generations.
Its objectives are:
- To approach youngsters through creative writing: a huge program of 66 laboratories will be implemented to reach more than 400 youngsters.
- To train professional playwrights on themes especially sensitive to young generations such as gender balance, sustainability and digitisation: a training programme with several conferences and round tables with experts, plus a cycle of 30 seminars on the internationalisation of playwrights.
- To create an international community of playwrights: a complete set of online actions, plus a system of mobilities and exchange for youngsters and professionals are set up.
ETC's role in Fabulamundi - New Voices
ETC supports the project in the development and run of a capacity-building program in relation to sustainability/green theatre, digital readiness, diversity and gender equality themes. We offer to bring in expertise from the ETC network and to establish connections between the FAB Community and ETC Member Theatres across Europe as part of a peer-to-peer learning path.
Call for Participation for ETC Member Theatres
1. ETC Member Theatres are invited to share best practices, methodologies and approaches in the work with young people and playwrights, and generally inputs on the topics of digital theatre and green theatre.
- 17 – 19 October 2023, in Venice (Italy)
Peer-to-Peer Meeting with a focus on Digital Theatre
2 experts from ETC network will be invited
- 19 – 23 February 2024, in Paris (France)
Peer-to-Peer Meeting with a focus on Sustainability and Green Theatre
2 experts from ETC network will be invited
2. Two to three ETC Member Theatre colleagues are invited to join some of the 66 local youth laboratories, that are being carried out by the FAB Community in Season 2023/2024 and 2024/2025, to assess the introduction of the transversal themes (gender equality/diversity, digital readiness, green theatre), to network and exchange with the FAB Community playwrights leading the youth laboratories.
- Dates TBC in June 2023
What we need
- ETC Member Theatre colleagues who are willing and keen to share their expertise, experience and methodologies with other theatre makers across Europe
- ETC Member Theatre colleagues who have worked particularly on digital theatre productions (digital dramaturgy, narratives for digital theatre, etc.) or projects related to sustainability and green theatre
- ETC Member Theatre colleagues who can share best practices and methodologies for creative writing laboratories with young people, youth theatre camps, emerging playwrights training, etc.
- ETC Member Theatre colleagues who like to mentor and consult in the assessment process with the FAB Community youth laboratories.
ETC / Fabulamundi – New Voices support participants by:
- Payment of travel, accommodation and subsistence costs at the respective workshop location
- Setting up the programme and structure of the next peer-to-peer meetings in close collaboration with PAV and the experts involved
- Taking care of the necessary administrative procedures and the grant management
- Note: There will be no additional fee for your involvement in the project. The exchange
and implementation of presentations/workshops should be compensated within your working time in your own theatre/organisation, in the framework of its ETC membership.
If you are interested in participating in one or both of the above strands of the project, please send an email to ETC Project Manager Teresa Pfaud by 16 June 2023:
The next step will be an online meeting with all interested ETC Member Theatre colleagues in the second half of June to distribute roles and responsibilities.