The ETC’s artistic collaboration project Young Europe III focuses on theatre as a place of identification for young people in Europe. Nine ETC Member Theatres are developing three new theatre texts on the topic of identity and integration, which will expand European multilingual drama for young audiences.
In 2018/2019, the artistic teams will develop and produce plays based on extensive joint research by and with young people from all partner countries. The aim is to use artistic research as a performative act in theatrical education work. In addition, all nine theatres are jointly developing a theatre education programme to enable networking and further dialogue among young people from all countries of origin.
Key Project Dates
28–29 November 2018, Bratislava/Slovakia
22–23 May 2019, Dresden/Germany
Premieres and Performances
Beginning of the 2019/2020 season across Europe
- Theater Magdeburg (Germany)
- De Toneelmakerij (The Netherlands)
- Deutsches Theater Berlin (Germany)
- Teatrul National "Marin Sorescu" Craiova (Romania)
- Slovak National Theatre (Bratislava, Slovakia)
- Weöres Sándor Szinház (Hungary)
- Staatstheater Braunschweig (Germany)
- Badisches Staatstheater Karlsruhe (Germany)
- Pesti Magyar Szinház (Hungary)