Abdelkader Benali has won the Kaas & Kappes prize for Hamlet, an urban adaption he wrote for de Toneelmakerij. 101 text were submitted for the Dutch-German price of youth theatre texts. Benali is one of the four winners. The jury:
“Outward appearance versus what’s on the inside as a theme seems obligate, but will evoke more than just recognition among the audience. And that’s what makes this new Hamlet more than yet another adaptation. A new work of art has emerged, which can compete nicely with its old example and source of inspiration.”
The other winners are Ruth Johanna Benrath (Germany), Nino Haratischwili (Germany) and Andri Beyeler (Switzerland). Congratulations!
Why Join ETC?
- Meet and network with colleagues from other European theatres
- Create international artistic collaborations
- Get inspired by new ideas and shared best practices
- Be represented at European and international level
- Discover new contexts, cities and perspectives