On the upcoming creation The Divine Comedy III: Paradiso by choreographer & ballet director Xin Peng Wang
The digital matinées are focusing on maintaining the strong live connection between Ballett Dortmund and its audience by bringing the dancers' and choreographers' work and art
straight to everybodys homes. Not only will they experience the dancers' special work situation during the pandemic, but also interact about art with the company, and receive hope from the continued presence of art, which will be there to help through a hard time. It equally is an important part of the dancer’s work to be able to interact with their audience.
The digital ballet matinées will be streamed live and for free on the theatre's website on a Sunday morning from the training & event centre Ballettzentrum Dortmund. They contain the company‘s warm up & training, several excerpts from the new and upcoming performance of The Divine Comedy III: Paradiso (final part Xin Peng Wang’s dance trilogy after poet Dante Alighieri) and a communication part where choreographers, dancers and the artistic team talk about the idea of the performance, the choreography‘s progress and its general background.
So the matinée is delivering a dance and art and educational character as well as entertainment. The communication part will be finalised with a direct interaction with our audience, who will be able to contact us or ask questions during the live stream via a live-chat opportunity next to the stream.
- Dancers: Stephanine Ricciardi, Manuela Souza, Daria Suzi, Sae Tamura, Alisa Uzunova, Amanda Vieira, Giuditta Vitiello, Sayaka Wakita, Yingyue Wang, Rion Natori, Javier Cacheiro Alemán, Simon Jones, Lúcio Kalbusch, Filip Kvačák, Francesco Nigro, Shai Ottolenghi, Guillem Rojo i Gallego, Matheus Vaz, Dann Wilkinson, Aidos Zakan
- Choreographer: Xin Peng Wang
- Dramaturg: Christian Baier
- Company Manager: Slava Tütükin
- Manager Ballettzentrum Westfalen: Rudolf Kubičko
- Technichal Administrator Ballettzentrum Westfalen: Markus Kordisch
- Ballet Masters: Raimondo Rebeck, Alysson Rocha, Cyril Pierre
- Répétiteur: Eriberto Carvalho
- Technical support: Academy for Theatre & Digitality
Main image: Promotional photo for "Paradiso". (c) Leszek Januszewski