ETC Artists in Residence Programme 2024
Deadline to apply: Sunday 29 October 2023, 23:59 (CET)
What is the ETC Artists in Residence Programme?
ETC is looking for emerging theatre artists (particularly stage directors and dramaturges) to join us in the seventh edition of the ETC Artists in Residence Programme, offering placements of 4 to 8 weeks at ETC Member Theatres.
The selected artists will join the creative team of a theatre production process, thus gaining insights into new working methods and discovering the daily routine and structures of a European public theatre. The ETC Artists in Residence Programme is a scholarship that supports international cooperation, fosters new perspectives and professional artistic experience. It does not offer a paid position in the participating theatres.
What does the Artist in Residence Programme offer?
- Residency in one of the participating theatres with mentoring;
- Travel grant from your hometown to the theatre within Europe and countries participating in the EU Programme Creative Europe (up to €300);
- Accommodation during the time of the residency in the city of the theatre;
- Financial contribution to your local expenses (subject to the actual period of stay);
- Participation in the ETC International Theatre Conference in Nova Gorica (Slovenia), April 2024 (including travel, per diems and accommodation).
Where are the ETC Artist in Residence Placements?
ETC is offering six residency placements:
- Teatro do Noroeste – Centro Dramático de Viana (Portugal/Viana do Castelo)
- Göteborgs Stadsteater / Backa Teater (Sweden/Gothenburg)
- Slovak National Drama Theatre (Slovakia/Bratislava)
- Deutsches Theater Berlin (Germany/Berlin)
- Slovensko Narodno Gledališče Nova Gorica (Slovenia/Nova Gorica)
- National Theatre of Kosovo (Kosovo/Prishtina)
During the application, you will be asked to select the two placements that would interest you the most.
If you are successful in your application for the ETC Artists in Residence Programme, your personal presence throughout the entire programme is required, including at the ETC International Theatre Conference in Nova Gorica (Slovenia), from 19-21 April 2024.
How to apply
Only complete applications will be considered.
You will be asked to upload a CV and a motivation letter in English, with reference to your placement choice. We ask you to merge your CV and the motivation letter into one PDF file, named as follows: LAST NAME_First Name. Please do not upload your portfolio - you may however indicate in your CV that it is available upon request.
For further inquiries or additional information, please contact the ETC Office:
Žad Novak – Project & Administrative Assistant:
Tel: +49 30 284 41 460
The ETC Artist Residency Programme 2024 is part of ETC's TRANSFORMATIONS programme, co-funded by the European Union.