The ETC’s artistic collaboration project Young Europe III focused on theatre as a place of identification for young people in Europe.
Nine ETC Member Theatres developed three new theatre texts on the topic of identity and integration, which expanded European multilingual drama for young audiences.
In 2018/2019, the artistic teams developed and produced plays based on extensive joint research by and with young people from all partner countries. The aim is to use artistic research as a performative act in theatrical education work. In addition, all nine theatres jointly developed a theatre education programme to enable networking and further dialogue among young people from all countries of origin.
Key Project Dates
28–29 November 2018, Bratislava/Slovakia
22–23 May 2019, Dresden/Germany
Premieres and Performances
Owing to the coronavirus pandemic, the performances were postponed until the 2020/21 season. They premiered at the Young Europe Festival To:gather in 2021.
- Theater Magdeburg (Germany)
- De Toneelmakerij (The Netherlands)
- Deutsches Theater Berlin (Germany)
- Teatrul National "Marin Sorescu" Craiova (Romania)
- Slovak National Theatre (Bratislava, Slovakia)
- Weöres Sándor Szinház (Hungary)
- Staatstheater Braunschweig (Germany)
- Badisches Staatstheater Karlsruhe (Germany)
- Pesti Magyar Szinház (Hungary)