Fundamental Course - Sustainable Cultural Management for European Theatres
A joint initiative of the European Theatre Convention and Mitos21
27 January - 30 June 2022. 6 sessions each lasting 2-3 hours
This course is open to all member theatres, creative teams and individual staff members across all departments of both theatre networks. It aims at offering the fundamentals of sustainable cultural management and artistic creation processes. European theatre professionals will be empowered to obtain basic knowledge for tackling the transition to create a greener, more environmentally conscious and mindful just future, considering the most recent sectoral developments around the world.
The course consists of six sessions. Upon completion, each participant recieves a certificate of attendance.
Each session consists of an expert lecture with a Q&A, breakout learning sessions, and hands-on feedback rounds to share learnings.
- 27 January: Introduction to Creative Climate Leadership and Embedding Sustainability, in partnership with Julie's Bicycle
- 24 February: Artistic Visions for a Greener and More Just Future
- 31 March: Tools for Sustainable Transformations in Theatre Buildings and Operations
- 28 April: Green Theatre Productions and Fair Collaboration & Touring
- 2 June: Communication, Digitalization & Creation of Public Debate
- 30 June: Practice What You Preach - Learning from Each Other
This six-month-long course is conceived to offer a holistic perspective embedding environmental sustainability into theatre organisations, through a capacity-building and peer-learning approach with international networking amongst fellow colleagues.
It is strongly recommended that colleagues who sign up for the course attend all of the six sessions offered. The organisers will provide certificates of attendance to participants who have completed the full cycle of workshops, and reserve the right to alter the programme if needed.
Ready to be part of it?
Each session takes place online on a Thursday afternoon and lasts 2 hours, from 15:00-17:00 CET
The Fundamental Course - Sustainable Cultural Management for European Theatres is part of ETC's pledge to become a climate neutral network by 2030.
Photo by Victor on Unsplash