The ETC Drama Committee focuses on introducing European audiences to brilliant new playwrights from all over Europe.
Objectives of This Project :
- Highlight European contemporary playwrights and their work
- Create a pool of interesting contemporary texts for ETC Members
- Support the international trajectory of text-based theatre plays through translation
ETC will support two new European contemporary drama texts and their international trajectory in the season 2021/2022: interested ETC Member Theatres can now apply with one text of a contemporary author they work with. See the full call here
Deadline - 11 February 2022.
In 2021, texts by the ETC Drama Committee were introduced to ETC members through the “ENGAGE Readings 2021”, during the Week of New European Drama in Graz/Austria.
ETC Member Theatres could then request ETC grants to translate these texts into further European languages and the some of the texts will be staged in other countries in the coming seasons.
The ETC Drama Committee
- Jennifer Weiss, Dramaturge at Volkstheater Wien (Austria/Vienna)
- Mirna Rustemovic, Dramaturge at Croatian National Theatre Zagreb (Zagreb/Croatia)
- Erell Blouët, General Secretary at La Mousson d'Été (France/Pont-à-Mousson)
- Marta Ljubková, Chiefdramaturg at National Theatre Prague (Czech Republic/Prague)
- Karla Mäder, Head of Dramaturgy at Schauspielhaus Graz (Austria/Graz)
- Miriam Kičiňová, Artistic Director of Slovak National Drama Theatre (Bratislava/Slovakia)
The committee is joined by ETC Vice-President Paulien Geerlings, Head Dramaturg at de Toneelmakerij (The Netherlands/Amsterdam). ETC honorary members Christa Müller and Ola Bø will also participate and advise the committee. ETC Project & Network Manager Hélène Gauthier will manage the committee’s work.
If you are interested or would simply like to know more, contact Hélène Gauthier, Project & Network Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or +49 172 357 32 45
Photo credit: Obie Fernandez on Unsplash