Apply by 15 January 2021
The ETC Artist Residency Programme offers 7 scholarships during the 2020/2021 season at ETC Member Theatres. The selected participants will join the creative team of a theatre production process as assistant or second assistant directors. The ETC Artist Residency Programme is also a chance for your staff members to gain insights into the independent European theatre scene, supporting international cooperation.
Two residencies have already been offered and scholars selected. We are looking for up to 5 further host theatres.
As announced on 14 September 2020, ETC is dedicating this season’s Artist Residency Programme to emerging Hungarian theatre-makers, in solidarity with students and professors of the University of Theatre and Film Arts (SZFE) in Budapest. Applicants from Hungary shall be prioritised for this second open call.
Cover image ©Albert Dobrin
Hosting theatres need to:
- Offer a scholarship placement for the period of a theatre production process (up to 6 weeks) as assistant or second assistant director in the 2020/2021 season (March 2021 to June 2021)
- Involve the scholar actively in the creative team and the production process
- Appoint a mentor within your theatre for the scholar
- Provide and cover accident and liability insurance for the scholar
- Organise and provide accommodation
ETC Supports by:
- Organising the open call for applications and pre-selecting the applications
- Taking care of the necessary administrative procedures and the grant management
- Contributing with financial support of up to 100 EUR/week to the scholar’s accommodation (max. 600 EUR/hosting theatre)
- Contributing with financial support to the local expenses and the travel costs of the scholar
- Inviting scholars to the ETC International Theatre Conference in Graz/Austria in June 2021 - a platform to present themselves and their work to European theatre professionals
If you are interested in participating for the 2020/2021 season (March 2021 to June 2021), please fill in this short online form by 15 January 2020.
Next Steps and Timetable
15 January 2021: Deadline for scholarship placement offers by ETC Member Theatres
20 January 2021: Call for applications for scholars open
10 February 2021, 23:59 Berlin time: Deadline call for applications and pre-selection of applications
15 February 2021: ETC Member Theatres receive applications and select a scholar
22 February 2021: ETC Office sends out answers to applications
March 2021 – June 2021: ETC Artist Residency Programme Scholarships individually take place at ETC Member Theatres
10–13 June 2021: ETC International Theatre Conference in Graz/Austria
For further inquiries or additional information, please contact the ETC Office.
Hélène Gauthier – Project & Network Manager
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – Tel: +49 (0)30 28 441 402 / +49 (0) 172 357 32 45