The "Lucian Blaga" National Theatre is a cultural institution subordinated to the Ministry of Culture, situated in Cluj-Napoca, in the heart of Transylvania, Romania. It has been in the service of art and of its audience for more than a century now, financed from subsidies from the state budget and own revenues. Its mission is to produce quality theatre performances, to provide a framework – on the one hand, for the local and national dramaturgy and theatre productions, and on the other hand, for performance art research. Its programmes and projects aim at supporting the cultural development of the city of Cluj-Napoca, at increasing the value and relevance of the artistic and professional theatre environment on a local, regional and national level, and also at promoting Romanian theatre productions on international stages.
Why Join ETC?
- Meet and network with colleagues from other European theatres
- Create international artistic collaborations
- Get inspired by new ideas and shared best practices
- Be represented at European and international level
- Discover new contexts, cities and perspectives