The National Theatre in Belgrade was established and registered for the first time in 1868. Founder of the National Theatre is the Republic of Serbia and it is declared a central cultural institution. Under its roof, there are three artistic ensembles: opera, ballet, and drama. The institution has more than 700 employees and more than 300 collaborators and presents its work on two main stages. Theatre also has a vast archive and a museum. The National Theatre organizes and performs stage and music activities, including guest performances and international collaborations, develops and supports creative and educational activities and fulfills goals of long-term importance for the culture of the Republic of Serbia.
Why Join ETC?
- Meet and network with colleagues from other European theatres
- Create international artistic collaborations
- Get inspired by new ideas and shared best practices
- Be represented at European and international level
- Discover new contexts, cities and perspectives