ETC Code of Conduct for European Theatres
ETC Members voted and adhered to a code of conduct principles to ensure equal opportunities and a diverse artistic theatrical expression.
Theatre is an essential part of Europe’s cultural diversity. We present artistic visions and reflections of our world on stage, thriving to be a mirror of our rich diversity in society. We believe in diversity and freedom of expression in a society that offers equal opportunities to all citizens, including people with disabilities, to lead a fulfilling life, no matter their gender, sexual orientation, ethnic, social, religious or philosophical backgrounds.
Theatre is a cultural heritage and contributes to the contemporary cultural diversity in European society. As art form relevant to reflect the developments of human and societal issues, we as theatre makers, as representatives of public art institutions, believe that it is our role to ensure equal opportunities and a diverse artistic theatrical expression, considering the diverse realities of the cities and countries we live in.
We are committed to move toward equality and greater diversity in our theatres and adhere to the following ‘Diversity in Action’ code of conduct principles:
○ Ensure gender equality and increased diversity amongst theatre staff employees;
○ Reflect gender and diversity across artistic creation and programming;
○ Invest in training allowing equal opportunities for gender and diversity minority groups;
○ Ensure equal pay across gender;
○ Set forward clear objectives in our theatre’s artistic and management plans.
Read the full Code of Conduct