We're looking for host theatres for our 2022 Artist Residency Programme!
Deadline to apply: 22 September
The ETC Artist Residency Programme offers 6 scholarships during the 2021/2022 season at ETC Member Theatres. The selected participants will join the creative team of a theatre production process as as assistant director or assistant dramaturge.
The ETC Artist Residency Programme is also a chance for your staff members to gain insights into the independent European theatre scene, supporting international cooperation.
What is required from host theatres
Hosting ETC Member theatres need to:
- Offer a scholarship placement for the period of a theatre production process (up to 6 weeks) as assistant director or assistant dramaturge in the 2021/2022 season (January 2022 to June 2022)
- Involve the scholar actively in the creative team and the production process
- Appoint a mentor within your theatre for the scholar.
- Provide and cover accident and liability insurance for the scholar within the working premises.
- Organise and provide accommodation
How does ETC support host theatres
ETC Supports by:
- Organising the open call for applications and pre-selecting the applications
- Taking care of the necessary administrative procedures and the grant management
- Contributing with financial support of up to 100 EUR/week to the scholar’s accommodation (max. 600 EUR/hosting theatre)
- Contributing with financial support to the local expenses and the travel costs of the scholar
- Inviting scholars to the ETC International Theatre Conference in Prague/CZ in May 2022- a platform to present themselves and their work to European theatre professionals.
How to apply
Deadline to apply: 17 September
If you are interested in in being a host theatre for the 2021/2022 season (January 2022 to June 2022), please fill in the below form by 22 September 2021.
Next Steps and Timetable
Next Steps and Timetable
22 September 2021: Deadline for scholarship placement offers by ETC Member Theatres
27 September 2021: Call for applications for scholars open
31 October 2021, 23:59 Berlin time: Deadline call for applications and pre-selection of applications
9 November 2021: ETC Member Theatres receive applications and select a scholar
23 November 2021: ETC Office sends out answers to applications
January 2022 – June 2022: ETC Artist Residency Programme Scholarships individually take place at ETC Member Theatres
10–13 June 2022: ETC International Theatre Conference in Graz/Austria
For further inquiries or additional information, please contact the ETC Office.
Hélène Gauthier – Project & Network Manager
Tel: +49 (0)30 28 441 402 / +49 (0) 172 357 32 45