The fourth edition of the ETC Artist Residency Programme offers scholarships of 4 to 8 weeks at ETC Member Theatres. As announced in a press release on 11 September, ETC dedicates its Artist Residency Programme 2021 to emerging Hungarian theatre professionals, in solidarity with the students and professors of the University of Theatre and Film Arts (SZFE) in Budapest.
The selected scholars will join the creative team of a theatre production process, thus gaining insights into new working methods and discovering the daily routine and structures of a European public theatre. The ETC Artist Residency Programme supports international cooperation, fosters new perspectives and professional artistic experience. It does not offer a paid position in the participating theatres.
What Does the Scholarship Offer?
- Residency in one of the theatres listed below with mentoring;
- Travel from your hometown to the theatre within Europe and countries participating in the EU Programme Creative Europe (up to €300);
- Accommodation during the time of the residency in the city of the theatre;
- Financial contribution to your local expenses (subject to the actual period of stay);
- Participation in the ETC International Theatre Conference in Graz (Austria) from 10 to 13 June 2021, including travel, per diems and accommodation.
The ETC Artist Residency Placements 2021
Theatres all over Europe being faced with planning difficulties this season, due to the ongoing covid-19 pandemic, ETC is offering three residency placement in this first call for applications. A second call for applications will be published later in the season (likely in December 2020). We encourage interested emerging theatre professionals to keep informed of this second call for applications by subscribing to the ETC newsletter under this link and following ETC on social media (Facebook/Twitter).
The first placements are:
- National Theatre Prague/Czech Republic – 18 January to 18 February 2021
- National Theatre Belgrade/Serbia – 25 January to 8 March 2021
- Schauspielhaus Graz/Austria – 4 weeks, flexible dates to jointly agree on
ETC is closely following the development of the Covid-19 pandemic in Europe. The residency placements might be cancelled or postponed if travel or event restrictions in the participating countries make it impossible for them to take place as initially planned
Apply by 5 November 2020
The call is open to emerging theatre artists from Hungary with relevant experience and knowledge. Applicants should be independent, pro-active and motivated to develop their skills through observation and engagement with their host theatre.
If you are successful in your application for the ETC Artist Residency Programme, your personal presence throughout the entire programme and at the ETC International Theatre Conference in Graz/Austria (10-13 June 2021) is required.
Apply by using the form below. You will be asked to upload a CV and a motivation letter in English, with reference to your placement choice. Please read through the ETC Application Guidelines before applying. If you are applying for the placement in Graz, don’t forget to also include the requested concept note. Please note that your CV and the motivation letter need to be merged into one PDF file. Only complete applications will be considered.