The ETC’s artistic collaboration project Young Europe III focuses on theatre as a place of identification for young people in Europe. Over three years, nine ETC Member Theatres developed three new theatre texts on the topic of identity and integration, which will expand European multilingual drama for young audiences.
In 2018/2019, the artistic teams developed and produced plays based on extensive joint research by and with young people from all partner countries. The aim was to use artistic research as a performative act in theatrical education work. In addition, all nine theatres are jointly developing a theatre education programme to enable networking and further dialogue among young people from all countries involved.
Owing to Coronavirus restrictions, the planned launch of the productions in 2019/20 was postponed until the 2020/2021 season. June 2021 sees all nine theatres come together for the Young Europe Festival To:gather in Graz/Austria to showcase their productions as one.
Key Project Dates
- Partner Meeting, 28–29 November 2018, Bratislava/Slovakia
- Kick-Off Meeting, 21–22 January 2019, Amsterdam/Netherlands
- Partner Meeting, 22–23 May 2019, Dresden/Germany
- 7–9 June 2021: Young Europe Festival To:gather
- Theater Magdeburg (Magdeburg, Germany)
- de Toneelmakerij (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- Deutsches Theater Berlin (Berlin, Germany)
- "Marin Sorescu" National Theatre of Craiova (Craiova, Romania)
- Slovak National Drama Theatre (Bratislava, Slovakia)
- Weöres Sándor Szinház (Szombathely, Hungary)
- Staatstheater Braunschweig (Braunschweig, Germany)
- Badisches Staatstheater Karlsruhe (Karlsruhe, Germany)
- Pesti Magyar Színház (Budapest, Hungary)