We are looking for an intern as communication assistant, who will be expected to carry out the various tasks listed below. The duties outlined are not exhaustive and the successful candidate will be expected to undertake additional duties as required for the smooth running of the European Theatre Convention’s activities.
We are looking for an intern with the following profile:
- Currently a master’s degree student in communication, arts and cultural management, arts journalism or equivalent, looking for a mandatory internship;
- Direct experience in communication and/or marketing, especially online communication, preferably in the cultural field;
- An excellent level of English (equivalent to native proficiency) with a good writing style, German knowledge (A2 minimum) and additional European languages are an asset;
- A strong interest in and knowledge of theatre, the European culture sector and related issues;
- A positive and adaptable approach to problem solving; an organised and detail-oriented work style;
- Good IT (Office Pack) and social media skills. Graphic design skills are a plus.
The main tasks include:
- Support the ETC Communication Manager in the successful implementation of ETC’s communication strategy: online writing, PR activities, newsletters, social media, SEO;
- Maintenance of the database of contacts and PR distributions;
- Organisational assistance of the ETC team during ETC events and workshops, especially the ETC International Theatre Conference.
- To be part of a small, inspiring and international team in the heart of Berlin;
- A paid internship (€600 net a month), plus 50% of your monthly public transport card in Berlin (AB);
- Occasional travels for events purposes, that may take place during evenings and weekends.
Dates of the internship: 2 September 2019 – 20 December 2019
Apply by 1 July 2019
Please send your application (motivation letter, CV, work examples and references) by email with « Internship – Communication Assistant » as subject to the attention of Ms Joséphine Dusol to: email@example.com by 1 July 2019. Please do not send your application by post. Please include in your application an example of a good communication campaign in the cultural field that inspires you (max. 300 characters).
ETC is committed to equality and values diversity. We offer equal opportunities to all applicants. All recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Interviews will take place in the week of 8 July 2019.